Planned maintenance and correct inspections are essential for the proper functioning of a drilling rig, reduction of rig downtime and personnel safety.
ModuSpec's Rig Inspection Workshop (RIW) presents the correct inspection and maintenance procedures needed to ensure the integrity of equipment on land rigs, platform rigs and jack-up rigs. Candidates learn to implement the correct standards and to understand the requirements of the industry, so that the condition of equipment can be verified and safety improved, thus reducing the number of accidents and protecting the asset.
Who should attend?
This workshop is aimed at Drilling Supervisors, Drilling Engineers, Drilling Managers, HSE and Rig Managers, Maintenance Supervisors, Toolpushers, Drillers, Mechanics and Electricians.
After completing this workshop, the candidate will be able to:
- Independently carry out a basic (visual) rig inspection.
- Describe the main inspection criteria for major equipment.
- Identify the major items that have an impact on the safety and operation of a rig.
- Recognise the indicators for the overall condition of a drilling rig.
- List the relevant standards (such as API) and their implications on drilling equipment.
- Explain and evaluate the contents of a certificate.
- Understand the basics of EX equipment installed in hazardous areas.
- Understand the basics of well control equipment operation.
- Evaluate basic maintenance and inspection procedures on the rig to identify compliance with good working practices and industry standards.
This workshop deals with the most common equipment deficiencies and recurring problems found during in excess of 4,000 drilling rig surveys performed by ModuSpec. It describes and explains the working principles of major drilling equipment using detailed examples from ModuSpec's Technical Inspection Database.
The Rig Inspection Workshop (Land Rigs, Platform Rigs and Jack-up Rigs) consists of four days of interactive classroom sessions with ample time for group participation and discussion.
Additionally, ModuSpec provides the candidates with the following:
- A checklist format for major equipment, which assists with correct maintenance and inspections.
- Multiple examples of good and bad practices, including photos.
- Presentation of improvements and new designs of drilling equipment.
- Additional explanation of the workshop manual.
The Rig Inspection Workshop is fully accredited by the International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC).
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates receive a ModuSpec Certificate of Completion which is accredited by the IADC. This certificate is valid for five years. In the case of a final exam score below 70%, candidates receive a ModuSpec Certificate of Attendance.
Four days - the basic workshop.
Additional modules may be added to the basic Rig Inspection Workshop to further develop candidates' knowledge in specific areas. In addition, customised workshops are available for individual companies.
Candidates who have completed the Rig Inspection Workshop for Land Rigs, Platform Rig and Jack-up Rigs and would like to extend their knowledge further, are encouraged to attend other ModuSpec courses and training programmes.
Please contact us for additional opportunities and training aimed at your personal career development.