1. What is the difference between "Open" courses and "In-House" courses?
"Open" training courses/workshops/programmes are organized at various locations arranged by ModuSpec. "Open" means that attendees from various companies may register. The training dates for Open training courses/workshops/programmes are fixed and advertised on ModuSpec's training web site www.ModuSpecAcademy.com
"In-House" training is provided for the client's attendees only. It is provided at premises as arranged by the client (these premises may be a ModuSpec training facility). In consultation with our clients, ModuSpec offers three general options for in-house training:
In-house training dates are determined in consultation with the client.
2. Why does a training programme of 2 x 5 days allow for a six month period of practical assignments?
The two classroom sessions each of five days provide the theoretical knowledge needed to work on the drilling rig, but this knowledge must be tested in practice and there are various practical assignments to be completed. As offshore personnel schedules are usually arranged by a rotation-system sufficient time must be available to gather relevant information on the drilling unit in order to complete the assignments.
3. Is it possible to follow a ModuSpec workshop / course / programme while not working on a rig yet?
That depends on the training the candidate wishes to attend.
Workshops (Rig Inspection Workshop and Hands-On BOP Workshop) are generic low-entry workshops which can be attended by everyone.
The discipline-specific courses and programmes are especially directed at personnel already working on a rig and are compiled in such a way that the theoretical knowledge gained during the classroom sessions is directly tested by means of practical assignments. This is why it is vital that a candidate is employed on a rig in order to complete the training requirements.
4. What are the requirements to successfully pass a workshop / course/ programme?
To successfully pass, candidates must attend all classroom sessions, complete all required practical assignments and achieve a score of at least 70% in the final exam.
5. Can I fail a course?
Every candidate who has followed all the classroom sessions and completed the practical assignments has two attempts to pass the final exam. Candidates who fail their final exam receive additional, individual attention from the trainer in the topics which caused them to fail the exam. A re-sit of the final exam is then scheduled. Candidates who fail the final exam (by obtaining a score of less than 70%) a second time, receive a ModuSpec Certificate of Attendance.
Accreditation and Certificates
1. What does it mean that a course is IADC accredited?
IADC accreditation means that a ModuSpec Certificate for the accredited course is recognized worldwide. The accredited certificate is valid for 5 years.
2. Why are some of the ModuSpec courses IADC accredited and some not?
Some of the ModuSpec training courses are still in the IADC accreditation process.
3. What accredited courses / training programmes / workshops can I follow at ModuSpec?
The ModuSpec courses that are currently IADC accredited are:
4. How do I receive my Certificate of Completion/Attendance?
Candidates receive their final exam score by email. A digital copy of the certificate is emailed and a paper copy of the certificate is sent by traditional mail.
ModuSpec Training Department assistance
1. Can ModuSpec assist in booking a hotel when attending a course at the ModuSpec Training facilities in the Netherlands?
ModuSpec's Training Department will be happy to assist you in your hotel booking. Please note that hotel costs are not included in the training fee however, no additional service fee is charged to arrange hotel accommodation.
2. Can ModuSpec assist in arranging transportation from my hotel to the ModuSpec Training facilities in the Netherlands?
ModuSpec's Training Department will be happy to assist you in arranging transportation from your hotel to the ModuSpec Training facilities in Serooskerke (The Netherlands). Please note that the transportation costs are not included in the training fee.
3. Can ModuSpec advise the best way to travel from my airport of arrival to the ModuSpec Training facilities in The Netherlands?
ModuSpec's Training Department will be happy to provide you with the relevant train schedules and route directions.
4. How can I register for an open course/workshop?
To register for a workshop/course/programme, please go to the "Training Schedule" tab and click on "Registration info" for the corresponding training. Once your request for registration information is received, the ModuSpec Training Department hosting the training will send you a registration package detailing how to easily register for the training.
1. What are the costs for the workshop/course/programme I would like to attend?
Please contact ModuSpec's Training Department for the actual fee of the training you which to attend. Please note that if companies register four (4) or more candidates, a volume discount will be offered.
2. How do I pay for my training?
Please note that payment in advance is required to attend ModuSpec Training workshops, courses and programmes. Details of payment possibilities (credit card or direct bank transfer) are included in the registration information package which may be requested online (by clicking on the "Registration info" button or on the "Contact us" page).
3. What is included in the course fee?
Course manuals, course certificate, all lunches and the exclusive right to consult our Technical Helpdesk at any time after completion of the course. Note: Transportation, accommodation and all other costs made by/on behalf of the candidate are to be paid for by the candidate/the candidate's company and are not included in the course fee.
4. What is the cancellation policy for ModuSpec workshops, courses and prgrammes?
In the event ModuSpec receives Notice of cancellation of any delegate's attendance by the Client:
In the event ModuSpec is required to cancel any part of the Training of any delegate ModuSpec will refund the fees paid in respect of that delegate's Training in full and will not require any further payment from the Client in respect of that delegate. ModuSpec will not be responsible for the cancellation costs associated with cancellation of travel, hotels or subsistence booked by or on behalf of the Client or any delegate. Clients are advised to ensure that any such cancellation costs are adequately covered by insurance.
ModuSpec Marketing & Sales Department assistance
1. Which other services does ModuSpec provide?
For the complete ModuSpec service portfolio please visit our website.
2. How do I receive more information on closed courses and who should I contact for an In-House Training proposal?
Please contact ModuSpec's Marketing & Sales Department.
3. What customised training can ModuSpec present?
Please contact ModuSpec's Marketing & Sales Department.